Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thursday at 5:49 I grabbed a folding chair and headed to the front of the Weight Watcher meeting.  I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.  My heart was racing, it was starting to hurt to breath.  I turned around to the members, took a really deep breath and then sat there in front of them.  Looking at them. 

'I QUIT.  I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.  IT IS JUST TOO HARD FOR ME TO DO EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE ASKS ME TO DO.  I HAVE GAINED WAIT, AND I AM JUST FRUSTRATED SO I'M QUITTING.' 

"How much have you gained?" asked one member. 
'About a pound and a half over weight'. 
"Well, we can all come up there and beat the crap out of you, that would help you get to goal!" was her response."  LOL!!!
'I can't believe how my heart is racing.  Its really hard for me to tell you this.'
Some members had tears in their eyes.  "You can't leave us!"  "Are you joking?"  "This isn't funny!"

I looked at them with all the seriousness I had left and said.............DON'T WE ALL GET THIS WAY!  Don't we all just want to give up and Quit!
We have to NIX THE NEGATIVE!
One of the members said I was so good I need to get the Best Actress Award.  They truly believed I was walking out! 
I feel like doing this to a lot of things in my life.  Wait, Truth be told I have wanted to quit everything I have ever done. 
I QUIT BEING A MOM.  MY KIDS HATE ME ANYWAYS!
I QUIT WORKING AT THE HOSPITAL...I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING NOBODY TRAINED ME AND HEAVEN FOR BIDS I GET A COUPLE PHONE CALLS (from the principal for the 6 year old....AGAIN)
I QUIT GOING TO CHURCH. SO AND SO IS BARKING AT ME AGAIN!  (PMS TIME FOR HER)
I QUIT BEING A WIFE, HE DOESN'T SEE TO MY NEEDS WHY SH OULD I GIVE HIM HIS NEEDS
I QUIT BEING A FRIEND, I'M TIRED OF PUTTING 100% AND ONLY RECEIVING 25% BACK
I QUIT DIETIING, I WANT TO EAT SUGAR AND NOT FEEL GUILTY
I QUIT BEING A DAUGHTER BECAUSE DAD IS NICER TO THE DAUGHTER IN LAWS
I QUIT BEING A DAUGHTER IN LAW BECAUSE THEY COULD CARE LESS IF I EXISTED OR NOT.  THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR THE KIDS, SO WHY SHOULD I CARE
I QUIT BEING A DAUGHTER OF GOD BECAUSE ITS JUST TOO HARD TO BE GOOD!
I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT BEING A SISTER BECAUSE THEY DON'T LISTEN ANYWAY AND ARE JUST HURTING THEMSELVES, I'M TIRED OF SITTING BACK AND WATCHING THEM DESTROY THEIR ETERNAL SELVES........WHY WOULD I PUT SO MUCH EFFORT INTO A RELATIONSHIP IF WE WON'T BE TOGETHER IN HEAVEN?

Why, I'm a quitter.
notice one thing I didn't quit.  I didn't quit being a grandma!  Big Sigh!  I love you Q

No comments: