Thursday, November 4, 2010

Avoiding Anger

"We’ve all felt anger. It can come when things don’t turn out the way we want. It might be a reaction to something which is said of us or to us. We may experience it when people don’t behave the way we want them to behave. Perhaps it comes when we have to wait for something longer than we expected. We might feel angry when others can’t see things from our perspective. There seem to be countless possible reasons for anger….If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry."


--Thomas S. Monson, "School Thy Feelings, O My Brother", Ensign, Nov 2009, 62, 67–69
 
Boy did I need this one. 
I would pay myself a million dollars if I could conquer this weakness.  So far I'm doing a lot better with the eating.  I have prayed every night asking for strength and then thanking Heavenly Father for the strength and energy to get through the day.  I have gone to bed hungry most days but that is okay.  I have "lived".  I think this anger one will be more to get over.  I get tried at least a dozen times a day due to
1.  Expectations not met within myself
2.  daycare kids that don't listen
3.  my 5 year old not listening, and my two other children
4.  not being understood by my husband regularly
5.  fussy babies
6.  frustrations with people that "should know better" in society
I feel all of those things that Pres. Monson stated.
Now....I wonder if there is a follow up on HOW NOT TO.......
that would be nice
the only CURE I see is just living by myself.  then I can conquer my own expectations and live in lala land.
Is that possible?

No comments: