Saturday, June 26, 2010

Work Work Work

It has been a whole new world for me lately. I have gone to bed late, and up early. I have gotten a shower most days (when the water was running) and put a uniform on.
I don't like how I look in the uniform, but I like what I represent. I represent SERVICE with a Smile. If you want me to, I'll even carry on a conversation with you or answer any questions you may have about Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning, or just HEAVEN'S BEST thoughts that go through my mind.
I have felt some what guilty about not being home. Shai has been in a good mood, needing some money, so that makes me feel a little better about leaving her home to tend to the kids. She is really good with them. She is learning a lot about cooking and cleaning up after herself, and discipline. Who, Where, Why, When and HOW! good luck with that one Shai! That is a life long lesson there. Each child is different! I can attest to that one!
I have enjoyed drinking my breakfast. Its usually a 44 oz Dr. Pepper. We are in such a hurry to get out the door, breakfast is the last thing on our minds. One day we did stop for a Long John. Oh, cream filled, I think I stuck my finger in the center at least twice! I used to let Justice do that to my donuts when we would drive through Daylight Donuts, dropping off the girls at school and I would buy him a bag of donut holes. I remember buying him a long john once, he ate half and then got sick. Too sweet for him! haha!
There have been a couple of homes this week that at the mere sight, was very overwhelming. The smells too. I had to focus on the PRIZE. Not just the money, but the satisfaction that we could work miracles on people's carpets! Ron grumbled a few times. I kept my cool and reminded him that one step at a time. Focus on what we needed to accomplish. What should have taken an hour to do (one room and a couple stairs) took up over 3 hours. Our customer was so amazed when we were finished. Her children were very gracious too. She loved how her feet felt on the newly cleaned carpet. That is what makes my job worth it! Helping people. Seeing a result. Was it perfect? No. It would take about 3 more cleaning and about 300.00 to get it tip top shape. That my friend was a long day! I grabbed some cash when I got home and headed to the mall for a much needed manicure and pedicure. I get to sit in the massage chairs for about 20 minutes. Wow, it was nice! I look down and I don't see man hands, I see lovely polished hands! That to me is a blessing. Good strong hands that can help others, but still be beautiful. This isn't the work I thought I would be doing in my 40's. I do feel that God has blessed me with the ability to do it! Its heavy work. I don't know very many women who can lift an 80 pound buffer up and down stairs, and buff and vacuum for HOURS at a time! I feel very blessed to be able to do that! Now if I could just be skinny! I'd be happy! ??? But that will take a different kind of work!

No comments: