Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time alone.

We walked to Deseret book store to find it totally packed. It was during the priesthood session so I think the ladies were all hanging out there. Tony found his book that he wanted but we would have stood in line for 2 hours to get it. I told him I would take him to seagull bookstore Monday before we left and to the distribution center.

We saw Liz Lemon Swindle there. She was autographing pictures that you could have for free if you bought any of her products. Again, didn't want to wait in line all night. I stood in line to talk with Emily Freeman to thank her for the book she wrote 21 days closer to Christ, but some lady was hogging all her time. It seemed like they were old friends. Figured, I was intruding. I walked off. We saw Sheri Dew with Sister Nelson (Russell Nelsons 2nd wife). There was a few other people there, the lady that is famous for making the Lion house pastries. Angela Johnston? I think she is a sculpture. I was just really neat to be there. Even though it was wall to wall chaos.

We left and rode the trac. We were on the University trac. I was not really sure what that meant....We should have been on the Sandy Trac. That takes us to the hotel. The University takes us Up by the East Mountains. We hopped off when the Free ride was over. We stood outside in the chill and talked with some people from Washington state. They were there for conference and enjoying the Trac ride. I don't know why we were supposed to be there, but for some reason I didn't get my butt off the seat when the announcer said.....get off here to connect to the Sandy trac. Tony's eyes were big......Sorry Tony. I think I worried him. It all worked out and we had a great visit.

We got back to the motel and I think the kids went to check out the pool. I had about an hour to myself. I watched some of the conference that I had heard on Temple Square and in the Joseph Smith Building. I needed focus on what Sister Beck had to share. One of my favorite talks. I caught her just as she was quoting Sister SNOW. "Woman should be women not be babies that need petting and corrected all the time" How profound to me! So true!!! So many times in my life I have felt like I needed this. This would make me happy! Time and time again I find that.......it doesn't happen when we need it too. And quite frankly, we don't need it. God will take care of us.
I enjoyed two of the Lion House rolls, they melted in my mouth. It was truly like being in Heaven. Messages of hope and direction and nourishment to the lips!

No comments: