Sunday, April 11, 2010

DC........fun times!

After the Deseret Book Store It was time to go to the Distribution Center. The BIG ONE. I wanted Adrienne to have a better choice of dresses to choose from. They had a few more than the Joseph Smith Building. I tried to gently show her some of the styles that I liked. She was not a nice camper. She was often times rude. It was really hard to feel the spirit of what we were doing there.

When Kelci talked to me about going to Salt Lake City the main goal in my mind was maybe we could find Adrienne some special things there. Maybe she could find her temple clothes, and maybe even a dress at the Deseret Industries ( a thrift shop). I was willing to sacrifice my money, and time to help Adrienne build memories and get a few things out of the way for her wedding.

This was NOT going as planned. Adrienne was either ON the PHONE, or being totally uncooperative. It was really disheartening. I felt my frustration rise to where it really shouldn't have even surfaced. Adrienne's attitude about this journey was not nice at all. I could see that she wasn't feeling good. Her allergies or head cold was getting the best of her, but I knew she wasn't doing what she should have been doing for herself. ONE.....she hadn't eaten anything since the night before and that was a fruit smoothie, no protein at all. Second, she needed to take a decongestant, but couldn't because she wouldn't eat. Every time her and Chris were on the phone it distracted the very purpose we were there. I was starting to feel very hurt.

I finally said to her.......in the middle of all the dresses by the dressing Room......DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE HERE? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A SACRED PLACE. YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME. TO STAND HERE AND CHOOSE THE VERY THING YOU ARE GOING TO BE SEALED IN FOR TIME AND ALL ETERNITY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS IMPORTANT. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU WILL EVER DO!

I walked off. About 5 minutes went by and she decided to pick some dresses out and try them on, even though earlier she complained that she didn't like to try things on. (one of the first things a bride to be does, is go to the bridal stores and tries on dresses. What a fun journey. Whether its with a bunch of friends or your sister and mom, wouldn't you take the opportunity and enjoy that fun journey?) I never once worried about losing weight. I just tried on dresses. I dreamed about my wedding ring. I was so excited. I tried to be open minded about all the things that we could do. In fact, a few days before the wedding, my wedding dress needed to be altered, an inch on each side needed to be added. OOPS!!! But it was OKAY! I was so happy to be marrying my friend!

I had one of the volunteers talk with Adrienne. She took us in a little private room (even though Justice was in there, it was still private, he just sat in the chair relaxing for a bit). She talked about some of the things that happen in the temple. She was very understanding and very helpful. I hope she touched Adrienne's mind and heart.

We got through the line with ease. Adrienne even found the dress she liked on a discount rack and so I think she paid 12.00 for it. (I paid for her clothes actually)

After the clothing part of the store, I cased the place for books and things. I picked up a Hymns made simplified. Take some of the stress off of me when I play the Harder songs. I picked up Thomas S Monsons life DVD and a Scripture study guide DVD.

WE headed to Seagull Book store just around the corner and I found Karrea some books, Justice a tie and mom a picture frame for her birthday. I need to fill that frame with pictures now.

Again, we lost Adrienne. Both mentally and physically.

WE had a trip or two to walmart to get Justice some Ibuprophen and Adrienne picked up some benadryl. She also picked up some special K protein packets that you can put into a bottle of water. She took some of that and she seemed a little better.

I asked the lady at Seagull if she knew where I could find a car wash, I couldn't stand touching that dirty old Denali. EW. I noticed that LOW OIL PRESSURE buzzer kept going. It started to get our nerves...would only shut off if I got past 2000 rpms. I was a little nervous, called Ron (that was first time I called him since I got there) He was a little worried, told me to check a few things. All seemed good. Maybe it was just the altitude. He didn't think that would effect a car, but I think it does.

On our way back to the hotel we noticed a Chevron right across the street from Little America.
We were washed Clean. 1 from the Denali, and 2 from Adriennes crabby attitude because she hadn't eaten. It was nice. We were able to focus. We headed to Olive Garden when we saw Tony and Kelci rounding the corner. Between phones going dead and texting, we missed each other while they were there at temple square.

Justice was sick, so he stayed in the motel. Adrienne, Tony, Kelci and I enjoyed our supper at Olive Garden. I had soup and Salad. Kelci had her regular Ravioli, Tony had Lasagna, and Adrienne tried a rich and creamy pasta with chicken. (not what I would have had on a empty stomach). After Olive Garden Tony wanted to check out Deseret Book store. I turned around and Adrienne was gone. Kelci said she didn't feel well and headed to the motel...BY HER SELF AGAIN. I felt really helpless. We had each tried to encourage her to get positive. Nothing worked really. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make her drink.

No comments: