Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monday......our return to Nebraska

Someones phone went off at 7:30 am BUMMER. I got up and got ready. The rest followed. We checked out and ventured out to the Distribution Center and Seagull Book Store. We hit a few Deseret Industry Thrift Shops. Some were nice, Some were scary!

I found some dresses for Karrea and a suit coat for Justice. Justice found some models that he can use for his School Modeling class. 5.00 for 2 of them. Sure beats the almost 20.00 at Hobby Lobby.

The sun was shining. It was nice. We found ourselves at Denny's for Lunch. The girls had breakfast food, the guys had lunch!

We left Salt Lake City around 1:00 pm. It started to rain, then sleet......snow.......hail. It got kind of scary, but with my dark sunglasses on, I found comfort. The drive was long. The weather wasn't good most of the way. There was another White Out, but I was comforted.

I didn't feel like sitting and eating anywhere. WE picked up snacks along the way. I just needed to get home. I was getting so tired of driving. The kids slept 90 percent of the way home leaving me alone and tired and a little stressed. That sounds like my life most of the days. I know that God drove home from North Platte.

I don't remember a thing. I tried to be alert. I would sing to the ipod. I would try and mess around to keep my mind from wondering so blankly at the road. I tried hot chocolate. I was afraid it would put me to sleep being so hot, or I would be wide awake when I got home, I knew I would need to be alert for all the babies that were coming on Tuesday.

We got home at 2:00am. What a long drive. I really don't want to have to do that again. I would hope that someone would choose to stay awake with me and keep me company. I didn't want to ask anyone to drive. The only time the weather was decent was when we hit Nebraska. I didn't want to add stress to anyone or have my Denali totalled. HHA

I really could feel that I was guided, I was (we) were watched over. My eyes were heavy. My body was so tense. (I was sore for 2 days, just from the drive).

All in all, the trip was worth the spirit felt on Temple Square. The light in Justice's eyes at the Saviors feet. The spirit that Kelci and Tony Shared.

I'm grateful that I went!

The journey to Salt Lake and Back reflected on my journey here in life. I'm grateful for that journey, good and bad! Thank you M Russell Ballard for your talk. I pray that Adrienne will someday see that I was a good example, even though she doesn't appreciate me now!

Thank you Julie Beck for your words of hope and encouragement. I will not be a woman that needs petting or correction.......I will find my appreciation in Father's words of encouragement and correction!


Elaine Edwards said...

My daughter Brittany was traveling at the same time that you guys were. She got stuck in Wyoming for two days because they closed the interstate. I'm so glad you all made it home safely

shayster said...

I probably wouldn't have seen two days incarcerated with Adrienne as a blessing! I'm glad God was mindful of US, LOL!!!

So Glad Brittany was safe!

It was scary for awhile