Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day

I get a phone call at 8:30 am on Labor Day. "Did I wake you up" NOPE. "Darn, thought I would get the pleasure of waking you up". Well, I wasn't up, but I was awake. ha ha. "your mother and I thought we would take you to breakfast at McDonald's. Meet us around 9:30?" SURE. I am thinking to myself. UGH, I hate the South McDonald's they ( the employees) have some of the worst hygiene EVER. The service has really been yukky when we have gone and my kids don't eat McDonald's breakfast food.

I hopped in the shower. Ron came in and said that Dustin and Wyatt were here. WHEW. I called Dad and told him I didn't feel comfortable taking all these kids to McDonald's, it wasn't the cleanest in the city. "It's never killed me before" haha! "Okay, we'll see you after breakfast"

They came in around 10:00 am.

We sat down and chatted a bit. Shai sang them a couple of her songs that she has written. Off they were. Bev didn't want the sun in her eyes going to Denver. Plus the traffic. 'sigh' I think they were here maybe an hour and 15 minutes.

Last time I seen them was at Easter time. I went to Roger's house in Bellwood.

This trip they spent Saturday with Dana, Lyle and Dana's son Keagen (spelling?), not sure if Roger got off work in time, I'm sure he did. Sunday was in Franklin with Dennis and Dianne. Monday was supposed to be with my family. I had a BBQ planned.

The Sun got in the way.

Why do I get teary eyed just thinking about it?

No comments: