Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rough-age

"Our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and understands that this process of climbing higher takes preparation, time, and commitment. He understands that we will make mistakes at times, that we will stumble, that we will become discouraged and perhaps even wish to give up and say to ourselves it is not worth the struggle. We know it is worth the effort, for the prize, which is eternal life, is “the greatest of all the gifts of God.” And to qualify, we must take one step after another and keep going to gain the spiritual heights we aspire to reach." --Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "One Step after Another", Ensign, Nov. 2001, 25

I found myself in a great sunday school on the 1st of Feb. The spirit really thrives in there. I had been fasting and praying for strength and guidance as a mom and wife. (I'm still working on the wife one, will make that a fast and prayer next month and the next and the next, ha ha).

I felt like I needed to go out in the hall and there was Shai all crouched over in the chair by the bishops office. I had kind of barked at her in the morning about being kind to her baby sister. I don't think a 14 year old needs to fight over who gets the fuzzy blanket, her or Karrea. It should be a given, the baby gets it. (I'm not a baby anymore mom, I'm a big girl, is what you will hear from KC, ha ha). Shai is afraid we are spoiling KC. Sorry, impossible. Well, we have all treated them the same, so they are ALL spoiled or NONE of them are spoiled, ha ha!

She got her MP3 Player taken away the night before for not being kind to her brother, she shut the light out on him while he was in the tub, NOT COOL. Broke his heart. "He does it to me" Ugh. I had warned her that she needed to be a better friend to him (he could be the prophet some day, ha ha) I told her if I found her being unkind she needed to give me something. I asked for the Joe bro c-d, she said that didn't hurt, so I asked for the MP3 Player. She said...."That is a 70.00 MP3 player", I pointed to Justice and said that is a priceless soul you are hurting!

Life was rough for her the past couple days.

I felt it was me. I said...are you crying because of me? she shook her head NO. Do you want to talk about it? Let's go in the bathroom (sorry girls, I know you were trying to come in and I was blocking the door, hope you forgive me! and hope I didn't pinch fingers...)

What's the matter? Familiar words came out of her mouth that rang in my heart a few weeks ago....I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE! (in church?) HERE ON EARTH! A light came on.

My advice to her was....

1. Heavenly Father is trying to teach you something. and your body doesn't like it. It doesn't always like what it needs to learn. Meaning the heart or the mind fight each other causing us to NOT WANT THE CHANGE.

2. There are BAD people every where. Fake people everywhere. Focus on the good people or person even.

3. I love you and I understand! We can do this together! Most of All Jesus understands you!

4. Don't fight what the Lord wants to teach you. Keep an open mind and heart!

She felt better afterwards. I feel sad for her. She goes to school with some kids who don't practice what they should, even as LEADERS.

At lunch she talked more specific about the name calling in AP class and the glares from you know where! I said, well, maybe that is their face? Embrass being a Weirdo, a Spaz, a MORMON, a FREAK. When someone calls you that...say THANK YOU.

Wasn't Jesus a Weirdo? Freak? Who knows....we do know he suffered all things! Embrass it girl! Laugh at it! Stand up for yourself if the Spirit prompts you too.

(then I hear her calling Adrienne a freak and her brother a weirdo...UH HUM!!! Shai, DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!)

Seems like after we have talks like this the hands of a three year old grabs the RIGHT FHE message that needs to be taught that night.

Family Home Evening again! Karrea picks out of the Jar. PRAYERS! Heart felt prayers

We needed that!

No comments: