Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Filling Foods

Only Journal on the Days you want to lose weight!

That was my favorite quote from Weight Watchers last night.

Here is a poem that I want to live by too.

IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT
IF YOU DRINK IT, INK IT
IF YOU SNACK IT, TRACK IT
IF YO NIBBLE IT, SCRIBBLE IT
IF YOU STEAL IT, REVEAL IT
IF YOU SNEAK IT, LEAK IT
IF YOU HOG IT, LOG IT
IF YOU GRAB IT, BLAB IT
IF YOU INDULGE IT, DIVULGE IT
IF YOU LICK IT, BIC IT


GRAB YOUR PENCIL BEFORE YOU UTENSIL.

Januray 6, started a new Weight Watcher year for me.
I went to Weight Watchers fasting to know how to have health and strength and stamina to help me and my family.
January 5, 2009 Shai shared some healthfull hints for Family Home Evening.
I started off by saying "who all is tired of the triple chin?" most of us were ready. One was still in denial.
We got on the scale. We had all eaten a big supper and had a huge snack day. It was quite embarrassing to get on the scale 13 pounds heavier than the last week I weighed in. Now mind you I had my jeans and sweatshirt and makeup on (you know how much mascara weighs???)
I usually weigh in at WW in my biker shorts and the thinnest (without being too see through) shirt I can find. I have even gone to my scale and weighed myself and changed shirts just for the .2 loss.
I know. After so many years of WW I have to play a game with myself.
If I'm truly desperate I shave before I go. I take all my jewelry off and I spit out my gum.
If its a matter of FREE and 12.00 I'll do just about anything.

Tuesday morning came really early. I went to bed after midnight (still on the holiday schedule) and I was waken by Shai telling me it was 6:39. UGH. I got up and dressed and bundled up like it was 40 degree's below 0 and headed off to the church to take her to seminary.
Ventured off to Just for Ladies got my swimsuit on and flapped my jaws with my favorite excercise partner and flapped around in the swim ex for 30 minutes.

IT FELT WONDERFUL. Got myself dressed, and ready for the day. Was in such a good mood. Got home and did the laundry and cleaned up a few things. Read some emails and sat down and made out a menu for the week.

What are we having. I tried to pick FILLING FOODS.
Weight watchers had two plans. Core and Flex. Core was a list of less refined, wholesome foods that you could eat. There were a few rules like only eating potatoes, corn, brown rice, oatmeal, whole bran cereal, whole wheat spaghetti once a day. (so keep track of the carbs is my opinion)

You didn't have to write these items down, you just ate til you were satisfied. Well, I don't know when to stop. Actually I do, when I bend over and that "stuff" gets in your throat that is when I know I've eaten too much. So I would eat core foods and track the points. Stacia called it the FLOOR Plan. FLEX/CORE together. I lost 35 pounds doing that. Then I got lazy and just started eating what I wanted to.

Got me back up in weight too.

I started WW at 245 lbs. I got down to 160 lbs. (which life time at that time was 155). I stayed there for a week. Life was too stressful to stay there. Besides, I got pregnant with Karrea.

I had Karrea in November 2005, weighed in at 205. Felt GREAT!!!! Holidays came and went and so did my will power and I was stressed out!

I was too old to be a mommy to a new baby. I just couldn't grasp the concept of God giving me a baby to screw up again. Hadn't I screwed of 3 kids already??? I mean, really!!! I am the worst mom ever!

I cried almost every night!

I went back to weight watchers in January 2006, weighing in at 219. That is also when the Core plan was introduced. (if my memory serves me correctly, it was right around there anyway)

I jumped on the wagon. I lost 35 lbs by spring. IT FELT GREAT! The kids had lost 15 lbs too. We were fixing different fun foods. Like lots of stir fry. India (n) bread, Chicken Caeser Pizza, Brown rice haystacks, fat free muffins, etc.

Well, that is where we stand today. We are Back on the wagon.

My menu for this next week equals

Chicken Caeser Pizza
Easy Pasta E Faziole
Haystacks
Mexican Sloppy Joes
BBQ Chicken over baked potatoes
Angel hair wheat pasta Bolognese
BLT wraps (I get the low carb tortilla's, they take some getting used to, but I love them)


I'm going to try and attempt making my own pizza dough. The recipe calls for 4 1/2 cups of flour, but I'm going to sub 1 1/4 cup wheat flour. The points stay the same, but the fiber is upped.

I went shopping last night. I bought lots of fruit and frozen veggies, and good stuff! I'm excited. Wasn't excited about the bill, but the Lord will provide.

Now I need to go and find some wheat couscous. ha ha!!

I truly believe if I FILL up on these good foods my FEELINGS will be more in tact, and so will my family's.

No comments: