Thursday, December 11, 2008

Reflection of Love

The past few weeks it has come to my attention that I have become Complacent in my marriage.

I'm not sure why I have felt this way. Each day I have wondered, worried, tried to resolve these feelings.

How did I know I had a problem?

1. I was relating to a lot of ladies who feel frustrated in their marriage.
2. I have contemplated divorce a few times over the years.
3. I am jealous that he gets to come and go as he pleases now that he owns his own business.
5. I am not satisfied to have him sitting in front of the T.V and him taking a nap while I am running almost everything in the house.
6. I have a list, shouldn't he have a list to do.
7. I buy all the groceries, and everyone eats what they may.

I think the biggest part is the Jealousy. If I look over this list...it all boils down to being Jealous. That is NOT a gift of the spirit. It actually removes any "gift" I may feel.

I know this is one of Satan's tools. I really want to remove it.

Tuesday Ron gets a phone call from his brother Bob. Bob just got a phone call from his mom saying that Shawn Henry's dad just found Shawn dead in his pickup. No other details.
Thoughts tend to run through your mind, rapidly.

Shawn Henry came into Kim Matson's life at the age of 15. Gave birth to their first son, Drew Michael January of 1991. Gave birth to their second son Drake July 1992. Shawn left their little family shortly after. Kim got back together with Mark Hinz and they had a baby girl named Shaydee Lynn, I'm not exactly sure when she was born. Mark helped raise these two boys and little girl. Even after Kim and Marks relationship died, Mark still helped out. Kim and Shawn hooked back up a few years ago and their son Dale was born.
In the mean time Drew is faced with Leukemia, and struggled for years. The Make a Wish foundation granted Drews wish. "I want my mom and dad to get married" While in Florida at Disney Land the two were finally married.

About 3 years ago Mark left this life in a truck accident. Leaving Shaydee, Drew and Drake in sadness.

Life has been trying for Kim and her little family. Not having the truth of the gospel in their lives but still believing in God and His plans.

Kim found out that Drake has fathered a baby girl at the age of 15. Leaving her a grandma at the age of 34. I told Kim...You always did have to do it young. She said, Ya, so I can be OLD early.

Reflection time.

I have the gospel in my life. How dare I take things for granted, such as my husband.

Truth is...
1. God put us together. We prayed to know if we were to marry each other 20 years ago,
2. He loves children. He thinks he's more patient then I, but the test of time says I am more patient, ha ha
3. He plays with the kids, and he takes care of the daycare children that God has placed in our home. Not willingly all the time, but still does it.
4. Ron is very talented with his hands. I mean that in more ways then one, ha ha. He has remodeled this home very nicely. Even roofed our home with very limited knowledge and resources. He put a lot of time and knee bending into it.
5. Ron makes great wildlife noises. It has taken me 20 years to understand why he does it. He is sad that he doesn't have musical talent and he feels this is his talent and in the mean time he entertains the little ones and bugs the heck out of me.
6. Ron does his home teaching IF his companion is consistent and persistent.
7. Ron goes to church with us, even though he can't sit in the pew's.
8. Ron will fulfill his calling if he is TAUGHT the way.
9. Ron has always had a job.
10. Ron has always provided shelter for his family.
11. Ron has always been kind to everyone outside of the home
12. Ron has always done what he could to help people out.
13. Ron is very cute, ha ha]
14. Ron is a man of honor....not always, but has learned through priesthood powers
15. Ron is a real man.

There are things that bug me...but I bug him too.
I can live with these quirks.

I will try not to be complacent.

Shawn will be missed. I want Ron to know that he would be missed too.
I want to learn how to show that love and appreciation always.

"In God’s eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; exaltation is a family matter."
--Russell M. Nelson, "Salvation and Exaltation", Ensign, May 2008, 7–10

Alma 12:24.

Families Can Be Together Forever, Hymn #300

"The message of this season that is applicable throughout the year lies not in the receiving of earthly presents and treasures but in the forsaking of selfishness and greed and in going forward, seeking and enjoying the gifts of the Spirit, which Paul said are 'love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." --James E. Faust, "A Christmas with No Presents", Ensign, Dec. 2001, 6

Gal. 5:22–23

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Hymn #214

No comments: