Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 6, 2010

I really looked forward to this date. 22 years we have forgiven one another. 22 years we have tried to find the funny in the struggle of everyday life. 22 years we have tried to accept the things we cannot change in one another.

I was so excited to get the motel room, and spend time with my new friend Elaine. It was Elaine's 14 wedding anniversary the night before so we planned to hang out together. I can't tell you how much fun I had. It has been a long time since I have eaten until my guts were over flowing and my eyes were wet with tears of humor!

I tried new things that night. Hello, fried pickles? Road kill!? Cinnamon butter on sweet rolls. Wow. If I had all the money in the world I would eat at Texas Roadhouse Every night of the week. What a treat. The company was fun. I showed my true dorky colors trying to scare them off. I'm sure she texted her son to tell her she needed to get home so she could be rescued from the Dork Squad.

I had fun. I'm grateful God put new friends into my path. It made the drive to Omaha so worth it!
Thank you Elaine and Dan. ?When are you making it to Kearney??

No comments: