Thursday, August 31, 2017

"You Look Great"

Confession Time
Last week we took JD's Grand Am to Grand Island for my Nephew.  He was needing a different car.  We also had to pick up Karrea from my mom and dads place.  (Grandma took KC to the Nebraska State Fair to see the Draft Horse Show!)
We got to Russell's house before Shell and Russ arrived.  It was sodie time.  When Russ walked into his home he came over to me, gave me a hug, and said "Dang Shay, you look really good!"
I have to tell you it made my day!  For a second!  (hear the big sigh!)
A little voice said 'if he only knew!'
You see, since I have started writing my book I have taken up a comforting habit.  Cinnamon popcorn!  Yep!  
It all started when Ron bought a bag of VIC's caramel corn.  Then he picked up a bag of Cinnamon Popcorn.  The afternoon snack turned into a compulsion when I got to the chapter in my book about visiting VICS popcorn on a regular basis with "Toby".  He would let me pick out any flavor I wanted.  It was always "too expensive" for my family to buy, but "Toby" loved to treat me!  I was finding myself back into that "feeling" of being treated!  Each kernel was crisp, spicy, but sweet!  Just like the time I was with "Toby"!  Just thinking about it, and tattling on myself makes me cry!
I have taught many folks that you need to get to the root of why you are overweight!  You need to figure out what and why that food may trigger you.  I found a new trigger food.  As "EJ" would say..."a fire starter"
I have gained a few extra comfort pounds!  But I also say to the members that "comfort food" is an oxymoron.  "Comfort food" is NOT comfortable!  To be truly comfortable it takes nutritional macronutrients, like Protein, and Produce, and a Healthy carb!  
Russell, I appreciate your kind words to me!  I really did make my day.  I know that an extra 4 pounds doesn't make a huge difference to some people, but to me it does.  It could mean JOB or NO JOB!  It was the kick start I needed to figure out how to fix this "WHAT AND WHY" I have been struggling to work through.  
I have talked to "Toby" earlier this year.  Like any other relationship I have been in, I have mostly remembered the good things.  This particular guy, I just have to have faith that God knew what He was doing when I broke it off.  The first time I heard Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayer" I bawled like a baby!  I was married and I was trying really hard not to struggle by my past.  Its different when you have had someone else's child though.  Deep breathe!  
I am here to say that I have been clean for 5 days.  I have had no cravings.  I even have a bag of Cinnamon popcorn in my office.  The end date is in October, so I have time!  HA.  
It feels good to be clean eating again!  It only took me three days!  I encourage everyone to just pull up your boot straps and give yourself 3 days of healthy eating!  By then you will have built up your success mechanism.  
WE can DO THIS!

No comments: